New Student Orientation 2014 Student Leadership
Thank you for your interest in the 2014 New Student Orientation Program (NSOP). NSOP 2014 will welcome over 2,400 new students and their families to Columbia and Barnard. The role of NSOP is to introduce students to each other and to all that the Columbia - Barnard community has to offer. But Orientation doesn't happen by itself - it's the product of the leadership and energy of over 300 Orientation Leaders, Crew Chiefs, and Committee members. The commitment and enthusiasm of NSOP staff is at the heart of the success. We are delighted that you are interested in playing a part in welcoming new students to Barnard and Columbia this fall.
We do accept applications from students who are studying abroad during spring 2014 for the CC and OL positions.
Committee Application Timeline
- Wednesday, December 11 - Applications available
- Wednesday, February 5 - Applications due at 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 7 - Applicants notified of interview time
- Tuesday, February 11 - Thursday, February 13 - Individual interview
- Monday, February 17 - Applicants notified if they are moving to the group interview
- Friday, February 21 - Group interview
The interview process for the 2014 NSOP Committee will be the indivdual interview and the group interview. After applications are reviewed by the NSOP Staff, students will be notified on Friday, February 7 if they will receive an individual interview. After the conclusion of the individual interview, students will be notified on Monday, February 17 if they will receive a group interview.
Important Dates for 2014 NSOP Committee
Please review the important dates and information for the 2014 NSOP Committee. Students must be availalbe for ALL dates listed below to be considered for the positions.
- Must be available for spring trainings taking place every Friday from 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. beginning on Friday, February 28 and concluding on Friday, May 2. There will not be a training on Friday, March 21.
- Must be availalbe for spring retreat on Saturday, March 8 from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Must be available for spring CC/OL training on Wednesday, May 7. (Time TBD)
- Must attend the Orientation retreat Tuesday, May 27 - Thursday, May 29
- Work 40 hours/week during the summer
- First day of full-time work is Friday, May 30
- NSOP Committee receives two weeks of vacation during the summer. The vacations are set for Monday, June 30 - Friday, July 4 and Monday, August 4 - Friday, August 8.
- Be present for the duration of the 2014 NSOP (Sunday, August 24 - Monday, September 1)
The application for Crew Chief is not yet available.
The application for Orientation Leader is not yet available.
Contact the Orientation Program
505 Alfred Lerner Hall
New York, NY 10027
Call: (212) 854-4909
For program-specific inquiries:
International Student Orientation: firstname.lastname@example.org
COÖP Pre-orientation: email@example.com
CUE Pre-orientation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.