Committee Position Descriptions
Orientation Coordinators (1 BC, 1 CC/SEAS)
- Orientation coordinators prepare all aspects of the orientation program in conjunction with the Division of Student Affairs and and the Barnard Dean of Studies Office, as well as serve as liaison to other organizations and offices involved with the orientation program.
- Coordinate day-to-day work of other committee members and oversee the development of the orientation theme, media, communications, and strategy in conjunction with Student Development and Activities and Barnard Orientation and Activities staff.
- An additional $500 stipend is provided for work completed during the spring semester.
- Applicants should have experience managing groups and projects.
Personnel Coordinators (1 BC, 1 CC/SEAS)
- Personnel coordinators directly interact with Crew Chiefs (CCs) and Orientation Leaders (OLs) throughout the orientation week.
- Personnel coordinators are responsible for the hiring process of CCs and OLs in conjunction with Student Development and Activities or Barnard Orientation and Activities staff, as well as CC and OL training during the spring semester and prior to the beginning of orientation.
- Personnel coordinators are responsible for assigning new students to orientation leaders.
- Applicants should have experience working with spreadsheets and databases.
Social Programming Coordinator (1 CC/SEAS)
- The social programming coordinator is responsible for planning all social events during the orientation week, including the New York City event, Open Mic Night, Performance Showcase, and other events.
- Applicants should have experience developing and implementing programs. Experience implementing social programs is desirable but not necessary.
Academic & Educational Programming Coordinator (1 CC/SEAS)
- The academic & educational programming coordinator is responsible for coordinating with other departments and organizations for all academic events during the week, including placement exams, library and computing info sessions, student advising scheduling, and other various info sessions. The coordinator works heavily with the Center for Student Advising in coordinating and implementing these programs.
- Applicants should have experience developing and implementing programs. Experience with academic and/or educational programs is desirable but not necessary.
Transfer, Visiting, & Combined Plan Programming Coordinator (1 CC/SEAS)
- The transfer, visiting, and combined plan programming coordinator implements all programming for transfer, visiting, and combined plan students, including move-in, information sessions, and social outings. The coordinator is also responsible for direct communication with incoming transfer, visiting, and combined plan students.
- Applicants should have experience developing and implementing programs.
Programming Coordinators (3 BC)
- Programming coordinators implement all Barnard-specific orientation activities, as well as serve on joint-program events such as the New York City event and Community Forum. Programmers work on a variety of programs, both academic and social.
- Applicants should have experience developing and implementing a range of programs.
Contact the Orientation Program
505 Alfred Lerner Hall
New York, NY 10027
Call: (212) 854-4909
For program-specific inquiries:
International Student Orientation: email@example.com
COÖP Pre-orientation: firstname.lastname@example.org
CUE Pre-orientation: email@example.com
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.