NSOP 2013 Orientation Leader Contract
Congratulations on being selected as one of the 2013 New Student Orientation Program’s Orientation Leaders. You are the front line in interacting with the new incoming students; therefore your role is very important in helping their transition to Columbia University.
Due to this, Orientation Leaders are responsible for the following:
- Work the full week of NSOP and training (August 22-September 2, 2013). (i.e. Do not schedule MCAT, GRE, LSAT, etc. exams or practice sessions during NSOP.)
- Attend the Spring Orientation Leader training on Wednesday, May 8, 2013 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Attend Fall training which starts promptly at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 22, 2013.
- Be available to your new students throughout the week for questions.
- Meet regularly with your new incoming students throughout the week and contact them at least once a day aside from group meetings.
- Help students in their transition process and notify staff members if there is someone who is need of additional support.
- Be present at all mandatory NSOP events with your assigned group.
- Support the implementation of NSOP programs throughout the week by being prompt, enthusiastic, and ready to help all parties involved.
- Encourage new students to attend NSOP events and communicate the importance of these events to them.
- We expect that communication with crew chiefs, personnel coordinators, and the students in your OL group will happen in a timely manner, i.e. 12-24 hour turn-around time for responses to emails.
- You will be assigned your new students in July. You are expected to email them promptly and use your Columbia or Barnard email account.
- Keep your students enthused and involved. We hired you because we trust that you will do this!
- Remember that you function as a representative of the University. You will be expected to behave accordingly during on and off duty hours. This includes keeping all online profiles appropriate and professional (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.) In addition, this means representing the four school relationship positively.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy on the use of alcohol, drugs and/or violence during the entirety of NSOP regardless if you are of the legal age.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for any inappropriate fraternization with new incoming students.
Failure to fulfill these duties will result in the loss of housing, repayment of monies owed to the Institution for interim housing, and/or referral to go through a disciplinary process at their respective school.
By signing this contract, you are agreeing to fulfill the above assigned duties from today's date to the conclusion of NSOP which is September 2, 2013. You must sign-in to complete the contract. The log-in is located in the upper right hand corner of this page.