NSOP 2014 Crew Chief Statement of Acceptance and Understanding of Expectations
Congratulations on being selected as one of the 2014 New Student Orientation Program’s Crew Chiefs. You are the front line in interacting with the new Orientation Leaders (OLs), so your role is very important in helping manage the overall staffing during NSOP.
The following is a Statement of Acceptance and Understanding of Expectations for the Crew Chief (CC) position for NSOP 2014. Below is a list of expectations for the CC position. Please read each expectation carefully and email the NSOP Staff if anything is unclear. You will be asked below to indicate that you have read and fully understand these expectations.
- Attend the Spring NSOP Study Break on May 7, 2014 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Attend Fall training which starts promptly at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 19, 2014.
- Work the full week of NSOP and NSOP training (August 19-September 1, 2014).
- Meet regularly with your Orientation Leaders throughout the week and stay in consistent contact with them on a daily basis.
- Notify Student Leader Coordinators if Orientation Leaders are not following through on their requirements.
- Be present at all mandatory NSOP events with your assigned group.
- Support the implementation of NSOP programs throughout the week. Remind Orientation Leaders to be a positive role model throughout the week for new students.
- We expect that communication with Orientation Leaders and Student Leader Coordinators will happen in a timely manner. A 12-24 hour turn-around time for responses to emails is expected.
- Keep your students enthused and involved!
- Be available to your Orientation Leaders throughout the week for questions.
- Remember that you function in a University capacity and, as a representative of the University, you are expected to behave accordingly during on and off duty hours. This includes keeping all online profiles appropriate and professional (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.) In adition, this means representing the four school relationship positively.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy on the use of alcohol, drugs and/or violence during the entirety of NSOP regardless if you are of the legal age.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for any inappropriate fraternization with new incoming students.
- You must have a 2.5 GPA.
I understand that failure to fulfill these duties will result in the loss of housing, repayment of monies owed to the Institution for interim housing, and/or students may go through a disciplinary process at my respective school.
By clicking below, you are agreeing to fulfill the above assigned duties from today's date to the conclusion of NSOP, which is September 1, 2014. You must log-in to complete this Statement of Acceptance and Understanding of Expectations using your UNI and password. Log-in can be located in the upper-right corner of this page.