NSOP 2013 Crew Chief Contract
Congratulations on being selected as one of the 2013 New Student Orientation Program’s Crew Chiefs. You are the front line in interacting with the new orientation leaders, so your role is very important in helping manage the overall staffing during NSOP. Due to this, Crew Chiefs are responsible for the following:
- Attend the Spring Orientation Leader training on May 8, 2013 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Attend Fall training which starts promptly at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 20, 2013.
- Work the full week of NSOP and training (August 20-September 2, 2013).
- Meet regularly with your Orientation Leaders throughout the week and stay in consistent contact with them.
- Notify staff members if Orientation Leaders are not following through on their requirements.
- Be present at all mandatory NSOP events with your assigned group.
- Support the implementation of NSOP programs throughout the week. Remind Orientation Leaders to be a positive role model throughout the week for new students.
- We expect that communication with Orientation Leaders and personnel coordinators will happen in a timely manner, i.e. 12-24 hour turn-around time for responses to emails.
- Keep your students enthused and involved!
- Be available to your Orientation Leaders throughout the week for questions.
- Remember that you function in a university capacity and, as a representative of the University, you will be expected to behave accordingly during on and off duty hours. This includes keeping all online profiles appropriate and professional (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.) In adition, this means representing the four school relationship positively.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy on the use of alcohol, drugs and/or violence during the entirety of NSOP regardless if you are of the legal age.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for any inappropriate fraternization with new incoming students.
Failure to fulfill these duties will result in the loss of housing, repayment of monies owed to the Institution for interim housing, and/or students may go through a disciplinary process at their respective school.
By signing this contract, you are agreeing to fulfill the above assigned duties from today's date to the conclusion of NSOP which is September 2, 2013. You must log-in to complete this contract. Log-in can be located in the upper-right corner of this page.