Visiting Student Orientation 2014 Orientation Leader Contract
Congratulations on being selected as one of the 2014 Visiting Student Orientation Program’s Orientation Leaders. You are the front line in interacting with the new incoming students; therefore your role is very important in helping their transition to Columbia University.
Due to this, Orientation Leaders are responsible for the following:
- Work the entirety of Visiting Student Orientation and training (January 13-19, 2014). (i.e. Do not schedule MCAT, GRE, LSAT, etc. exams or practice sessions during Visiting Student Orientation.)
- Be available to your new students throughout the four days for questions.
- Meet regularly with your new incoming students and contact them at least once a day aside from group meetings.
- Help students in their transition process and notify staff members if there is someone who is need of additional support.
- Be present at all mandatory Visiting Student Orientation events with your assigned group.
- Support the implementation of Visiting Student Orientation programs throughout the four days by being prompt, enthusiastic, and ready to help all parties involved.
- Encourage new students to attend Visiting Student Orientation events and communicate the importance of these events to them.
- We expect that communication with the students in your OL group will happen in a timely manner, i.e. 12-24 hour turn-around time for responses to emails.
- You will be assigned your new students in early January. You are expected to email them promptly and use your Columbia email account.
- Keep your students enthused and involved. We hired you because we trust that you will do this!
- Remember that you function as a representative of the University. You will be expected to behave accordingly during on and off duty hours. This includes keeping all online profiles appropriate and professional (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.). In addition, this means representing the four school relationship positively.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy on the use of alcohol, drugs and/or violence during the entirety of Visiting Student Orientation regardless if you are of the legal age.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for any inappropriate fraternization with new incoming students.
Failure to fulfill these duties will result removal from the Visiting Student Orientation Program and/or referral to go through a disciplinary process.
By signing this contract, you are agreeing to fulfill the above assigned duties from today's date to the conclusion of Visiting Student Orientation which is January 19, 2014. You must sign-in to complete the contract. The log-in is located in the upper right hand corner of this page.