NSOP 2012 Crew Chief Contract
Congratulations on being selected as one of the 2012 New Student Orientation Program’s Crew Chiefs. You are the front line in interacting with the new orientation leaders, so your role is very important in helping manage the overall staffing during NSOP. Due to this, Crew Chiefs are responsible for the following:
- Attend the Spring Orientation Leader training on May 2, 2012.
- Attend Fall training which starts promptly at 1PM on Tuesday, August 21, 2012.
- Work the full week of NSOP and training (August 21-September 3, 2012).
- Meet regularly with your Orientation Leaders throughout the week and stay in consistent contact with them.
- Notify staff members if Orientation Leaders are not following through on their requirements.
- Be present at all mandatory NSOP events with your assigned group.
- Support the implementation of NSOP programs throughout the week. Remind Orientation Leaders to be a positive role model throughout the week for new students.
- We expect that communication with Orientation Leaders and personnel coordinators will happen in a timely manner, i.e. 12-24 hour turn-around time for responses to emails.
- Keep your students enthused and involved, that’s your job!
- Be available to your Orientation Leaders throughout the week for questions.
- Remember that you function in a university capacity and, as a representative of the University, you will be expected to behave accordingly during on and off duty hours. This includes keeping all online profiles appropriate and professional (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.)
- We have a zero-tolerance policy on the use of alcohol, drugs and/or violence and inappropriate fraternization with new incoming students.
Failure to fulfill these duties may result in the loss of housing, repayment of monies owed to the University for interim housing, and/or referral to the Dean’s Discipline process.
By signing this contract, you are agreeing to fulfill the above assigned duties from today's date to the conclusion of NSOP which is September 3, 2012.
Contact the Orientation Program
505 Alfred Lerner Hall
New York, NY 10027
Call: (212) 854-4909
For program-specific inquiries:
International Student Orientation: firstname.lastname@example.org
COÖP Pre-orientation: email@example.com
CUE Pre-orientation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.