COLUMBIA 101 for First Year Students
COLUMBIA 101, formerly known as Summer Advising, is a program offered each year for incoming Columbia College and Columbia Engineering first-year and transfer students and their families. If you have questions about your eligibility to participate, please contact the COLUMBIA 101 planning team via email.
At these unique programs, students and their families:
- Collect practical information about course selection and degree requirements;
- Ask questions about life on campus, and get answers from current students and parents;
- Learn about campus life, academic advising, and support services;
- Build relationships with fellow students, alumni, and advisers;
- Meet other families and plan to stay connected over the summer months and beyond;
- Begin preparing for the move to campus; and
- Celebrate the newest class of Columbia Lions!
We encourage you to attend a session prior to your arrival on campus this August. If you are unable to attend a session of COLUMBIA 101, consider connecting with your peers via the Class of 2017 Facebook group.
Note that COLUMBIA 101 is not an advising session but is a primer to what to expect at Columbia. Individual advising sessions will be offered to all incoming students at the beginning of the New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) in late August.
Please review the schedule to locate the COLUMBIA 101 session most convenient for you.
Contact the Orientation Program
505 Alfred Lerner Hall
New York, NY 10027
Call: (212) 854-4909
For program-specific inquiries:
International Student Orientation: firstname.lastname@example.org
COÖP Pre-orientation: email@example.com
CUE Pre-orientation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.