Aetna Health Professions Partnership Initiative
Medical/Dental Preparatory Program
- Is for college sophomores, juniors, seniors or recent graduates.
- Is a six-week summer program consisting of two tracks.
- Track One MCAT/DAT Preparation Program is for students who will be taking the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) or Dental Admission Test (DAT). The program focuses on MCAT/DAT test preparation, clinical interaction with preceptors and introduction to problem based learning through case studies.
- Track Two Basic Medical Science Program is for all other students not on Track One. This track consists of basic medical science courses emphasizing essential principals of cell and molecular biology correlated to problem based learning case studies. Clinical experiences and professional development exercises are also presented.
- Has two purposes (a) to facilitate the entry of these students into medical and dental schools by improving their performance on admissions tests and through professional development activities and (b) to increase the retention of successful matriculants to professional schools through early exposure to professional education.
- Provides housing, meals and a stipend.