Each year Residential Life selects a motivated and engaged team of Graduate Hall Directors (GHDs) that work with our student staff and student leaders to maintain a supportive and inclusive environment within our residence halls. Additionally, the GHDs work with their staffs to offer educational opportunities that foster an enriching student experience for all of our residents. Our team of GHDs supports the mission, vision, and values of Residential Life in their work within our campus community and in their work supervising our undergraduate student staff.
Application & Selection Process for the 2015-2016 Academic Year:
The GHD committee is currently accepting applications for the 2015-2016 academic year. Apply to the GHD Position here!
To apply for a GHD position, please submit:
- Cover letter: In your cover letter please make sure to note any RA or Residence Life experience, emergency crisis response experience, and supervisory experience. Please also make sure to highlight any experiences that may translate or be relevant to the GHD position as outlined in the Graduate Hall Director Position Description.
- Letter of recommendation: Please submit a letter of recommendation preferably from a current or former supervisor. This person should be able to speak to your organization and administrative abilities, your ability to supervise and advise students, and your ability to manage crisis.
- GHD Priority Application Deadline: Monday, February 9, 2015
- GHD Application Final Deadline: Monday, March 9, 2015
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and priority will be given to applicants who apply by the February 9 deadline.
The GHD recruitment & selection process involves two rounds of interviews. Interview teams will consist of a combination of 2-4 Associate Directors, Residence Hall Directors, Graduate Hall Directors, Student Staff or Hall Council members. All First Round Interviews will be conducted over the phone. Second Round Interviews can also be conducted over the phone, however, if applicants are going to be in the NYC area, it is preferred that candidates come to campus.
- Select candidates will participate in First Round Interviews that will occur between February 9 and March 23.
- Applicants that do not receive First Round Interviews will be informed by March 23.
- Select candidates from the First Round Interview process will move on to Second Round Interviews that will be ongoing throughout February and March.
- All final decisions will go out by April 8.
- Candidates will have until April 15 to accept or decline the GHD position offer.
For questions regarding the GHD position specifically, please consult the Graduate Hall Director Position Description, Frequently Asked Questions, and GHD Fact Sheet. If you have further questions or would like to speak to a current GHD about their experience, you can contact Keith Blankenship (email@example.com) or Tara Hanna (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.