Center for Career Education - This week at CCE: Feb 11-15, 2013
Have you ever thought about how wonderful it would be to be involved in the running of a museum, gallery, dance company, or theater? Bring your interest to CCE on Wednesday to learn about arts management careers , recruiting timelines, employers, and internship and full-time job resources at Columbia.
Engineers, connect this week with alumni and other professionals at SEAS Speed Networking and walk away with valuable career insights and new relationships in industry.
Niamh and all at CCE
Apply by March 13 for a $3,000 Van Amson Service Fellowship
Established by Community Impact, the GVA Fellowship supports Columbia undergraduate students in a social justice internship during the summer of 2013. Attend an info session .
Are You a CC Sophomore or Junior Thinking about Summer Internships? Intern with CC alumni and build a professional network over the summer through Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program (CCASSIP).
Mentors Available for Science, Technology & Engineering Students
Why would it be beneficial to have a mentor? Check out this Wall Street Journal article, “ Benefits of a Mentor ” to learn more. Once you secure an internship, apply to the STEP Program to connect with a mentor as well as receive many additional benefits. Apply early, as space is limited.
Connect to Columbia in Boston, Chicago, L.A., San Francisco, or D.C. this summer!
A cruise to Alcatraz. A night cheering(?) for the Red Sox at Fenway Park. These are just some of the outings Columbia students have enjoyed as part of the Columbia University Internship Network (CU In). Planning to intern in a CU In city this summer and think you could plan something even better? Apply to be a paid CU In Ambassador and organize events for your city’s Columbia network! Have access to these events and much more by joining the CU In Network .
Columbia College Alumni and Parent Internship Fund 2013
Apply to fund your unpaid summer internship! Currently registered CC sophomores and juniors, in good standing with at least a 3.0 GPA, who receive Columbia grant-based financial aid and have secured an unpaid internship for summer 2013 are eligible to apply. Please visit our website for application instructions and links. Applications are due on April 17, 2013.
Complete the WetFeet Career Benchmark!
Participate now to receive a career toolbox, access to a career webinar library, a chance to win scholarships, and make your employer preferences known.
Calendar at a Glance: Feb. 11 - 22
All Day Event
All Day Event
All Day Event
The jobs listed below expire between Feb. 17 and Feb. 21 .
- Hanover Research - Research Associate (Education Practices) (Job ID 99582)
- Intel Corporation - PTD - Industrial Engineer (Job ID 99826)
- Dipont Education Management Group - College Admission Counselor (Job ID 99947)
- SunEdison - Solar Development Analyst (Job ID 100093)
- Newsweek/The Daily Beast Company - Digital Assistant (Job ID 99969)
The internships listed below expire between Feb. 15 and Mar. 13 .
- Clinton Group, Inc. - Analyst Internship (Job ID 99597)
- ELEM/Youth in Distress in Israel - Public Relations/Marketing Internship (Job ID 99701)
- Oprah.com - Oprah.com Spring Semester Internship (Job ID 99797)
- Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp. - Web Engineer/Developer Intern (Job ID 91323)
- IBM - CIO Intern (Job ID 98552)
- Astonish Media Group - Spring 2013 Public Relations and Communications Intern (Job ID 101586)
Below are just a few employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Feb. 17 and Feb. 20 .
- Kobre & Kim LLP - Financial and Legal Analyst (Schedule ID 3246)
- PEI Funds - Analyst - Private Equity Secondaries (Schedule ID 3207)
- Simon-Kucher & Partners - Associate Consultant (Intern) (Schedule ID 3217)
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) - Technical/Targeting Analyst (Schedule ID 3190)
- Knewton - Software Engineer (Schedule ID 3205)
The jobs listed below expire between Feb. 15 and Feb. 19 .
- Kumon North America, Inc. - Check-In/Grading Assistant (Job ID 99523)
- Community Association of Progressive Dominicans - Receptionist (Job ID 99801)
- International Academic Alliance - Educational Internship (Job ID 99672)
- The Maysles Institute - Cinema Intern (Job ID 99692)
- Zero-In - Multimedia Analyst (Job ID 99887)