Center for Career Education - This Week at CCE: Feb 6-10, 2012
Save the Dates!
CCE has lots of events and deadline this month so mark your calendars now so you don't miss out on these great opportunities.
- Columbia Experience Overseas (CEO) Extended Deadline - Feb. 6 (Intern in Amman, Beijing, Hong Kong, London, Shanghai, or Singapore)
- CEO Istanbul Application Deadline - Feb. 12
- SEAS Speed Networking - Feb. 22
- GS/CCE Joint Advising for Major Declaration - Feb. 23
- Spring Career Fair - Feb. 24 - 84 employers have full-time entry level positions; 75 employers are looking for summer interns. Employers include: Condé Nast, IBM, Christie's, Celgene, AFE Consulting, NY County District Attorney's Office, Global Strategy Group, Buro Happold, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Teach for America, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and U.S. Department of State. Register by Feb. 22 to receive a Fast Pass and avoid the lines. Make the most of the fair by attending one of our preparation workshops .)
- Major Discovery! From Classroom to Career in Columbia College - Feb. 28
Application deadline tonight for International Internships!
Positions in Amman, Beijing, Hong Kong, London, Shanghai, and Singapore are still available through the Columbia Experience Overseas (CEO) program. Deadlines for positions in consulting, media/communications, business management, non-profit, publishing/journalism, and IT were extended until 11:59pm tonight—we even gave you an extra day after the Super Bowl! Check out the list of available positions and apply today!
Diversity Career Alumni Panels: Careers in Social Justice and Advocacy - Feb. 8
Network with alumni of color and LGBT alumni working on issues related to social justice and advocacy! This will be an informal panel where alumni will share their professional experience and industry insights through the lenses of their identities. Refreshments will be provided. Brought to you by the Office of Multicultural Affairs’ Columbia Mentoring Initiative and the Center for Career Education. Alumni panelists include:
- Theresa Yuan, Director of Youth Development, Catholic Charities Neighborhood Services
- Lori Slater, Program Director, Phipps Community Development Corporation
- Rachel Harris, Advocacy Coordinator/GEAR Campaign Lead, Women's Environment & Development Organization
Mock Interview Program - Feb. 8, 5:00-9:00pm and Feb. 13, 5:00-9:00pm
As you begin searching for an internship or full-time position, one of the most daunting hurdles can be the interview. CCE and Columbia Alumni offer practice interviews to give feedback on your answers, review your strengths, areas that need improvement, and address any of your questions. Space is limited so sign up today by calling 212-854-5609!
Apply Now to Work at CCE.
CCE is hiring an Experiential Education intern to assist with the coordination of CCE's domestic and international internship programs, creation of marketing materials, and data collection and analysis. For more information about the position and to apply, review the internship posting on the Work Study Site (Job ID 6876) .
Complete the 2012 IDEAL Employer Survey for a chance to win scholarships and internships!
Columbia University students are highly sought after by employers so your opinions are extremely important and valuable sources of information. Top companies, including many that recruit Columbia students, base their recruiting strategies on Universum's research. Take a few minutes to complete the 2012 Universum IDEAL Employer Survey about your experience at Columbia and receive a free copy of WetFeet Insider Guide, a special offer from Businessweek, and the opportunity to win scholarships and internships.