Plan Now: Summer Courses in the Arts
It’s time to start planning for Summer 2014!
Each summer, Columbia University School of the Arts welcomes more than 300 students to work with internationally renowned artists and arts scholars on Columbia’s campus in New York City and at Columbia’s Global Centers around the world – combining the unparalleled cultural and academic opportunities of this Ivy League University in some of the world’s most renowned arts capitals.
Summer students choose from a diverse range of master classes, workshops, and credit and non-credit courses in Film, Theatre, Visual Arts, and Writing, specially selected and led by the Graduate Faculty of the School of the Arts. Courses are designed to engage and appeal to individuals at all levels of artistic experience, from beginning to professional artists.
Course Offerings for Summer 2014
Click on any course for more information.
- Television Writing Intensive
- Introduction to Screenwriting
- Creating the Feature: Advanced Screenplay Revision
- Writing and Producing Webisodes
- Introduction to the Study & Theory of Film
- Topics in American Cinema: New Hollywood
- Discovering French Cinema in Paris with Richard Peña
- Advanced Photography Intensive
- Advanced Printmaking Intensive
- Advanced Painting Intensive
- Introduction to Painting
- Basic Drawing
- Plein Air Painting
- Introduction to Photography
- Printmaking: Silkscreen
- How to Write Funny
- More than Memoir
- Travel Writing
- Writing and Illustrating Children’s Books
- Writing the Young Adult Novel
- The Short Prose Form
- Fiction Workshop
- Poetry Workshop
- Nonfiction Workshop