Psychology 2013 Spring Majors Forum (4/10)
Department of Psychology
2013 Spring Majors Forum
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
200B Schermerhorn Hall
Who is this for?
* Psychology Majors and Concentrators
* Neuroscience and Behavior Majors
* Psychology Postbacs
* Prospective Majors
What's it all about?
* Academic program planning
* Preparation for fall registration
* Program and Peer advisors will be on hand to answer your questions about:
- Planning your Psychology program or Neuroscience & Behavior program
- Courses -- what to take and when
- Getting involved in research
- Taking psychology seminars
- The Honors Program
- The Peer Advising Network
- How to apply for a psych TAship
Who will be there?
Profs. Carl Hart, Don Hood, and Deborah Mowshowitz - Neuroscience & Behavior Major Advisors
Profs. Patricia Lindemann, Betsy Sparrow, and Dean Mobbs - Psychology Major Advisors
Prof. Lois Putnam - Director of Undergraduate Programs
Andres Torres - Undergraduate Curriculum Assistant
Your Peer Advisors
What are we going to do?
* Meet together for introductory remarks and Q & A
* Break-out into separate groups for Neuroscience & Behavior (200c) and Psychology (200b)
* Meet one-on-one and in small groups to discuss course planning, the honors program, and research opportunities
Majors and Prospective Majors -- Don't miss this event!
PIZZA AND REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED!