Senior Year Checklist
Seniors, use this checklist to confirm that you are on track to graduate in May 2014.
- Confirm that you are on track to graduate with the proper amount of credits (124 credits for College students and 128 credits for Engineering students).
- Meet with your academic department adviser to be cleared for graduating with major or concentration.
- Meet with your adviser from the Center for Student Advising to confirm your eligibility to graduate.
- Apply for your degree before December 2 to avoid any delays in receiving your diploma and to be considered for honors.
- Update your contact information in SSOL and double-check the spelling of your name. Information in SSOL will be used for both the Class Day program and your diploma!
- Review your Degree Audit Report for accuracy in SSOL.
- Confirm that all of your grades and/or incomplete grades from previous semesters are posted accurately and that you have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better.
- Pay the balances on all of your accounts.
- Register for Commencement and request tickets for your guests if you plan to attend. (Details forthcoming.)
Visit the Center for Career Education (CCE) for help with your job search. Complete the 2014 Graduating Student Survey, the purpose of which is to collect and report data on post-graduation outcomes. Survey results are also used by CCE to enhance programs and services.
- If you receive financial aid, complete your exit interview with Student Financial Services.
- Pick up Commencement tickets at a ticket distribution event. (TBD)
- Pick up your cap and gown from the bookstore.
- Register for your Alumni Association through the Columbia College Office of Alumni Affairs and Development or the Columbia Engineering Office of Alumni and Development.
- Join the Alumni Representative Committee (ARC)! Interview prospective Columbia students, represent Columbia at college fairs, and attend events for admitted students. Contact the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Plan where you will meet your family following Class Day and Commencement.
- Check out and move out of the residence halls by noon on May 22, 2014.
- Look for your diploma in the mail: Diplomas for May 2014 graduates will be mailed to the “Diploma Address” on file in SSOL.