Tips for First-years!
Top Ten Tips for First-years
- Professors are friendly - office hours are a good thing.
- No one expects you to figure everything out as soon as you get here.
- It’s not a competition on who can sleep the least or stress out the most.
- You’re not going to be a New Yorker in a day- it’s okay if you get off on the wrong subway stop.
- Find your library- try different study spaces.
- Student rush tickets and the TIC are good deals.
- College is just as much about figuring out who you are, what you care about, and what makes you happy as it is about about grades or anything else.
- Self-advocacy is essential here; use your voice to speak up about what you need.
- Everyone is here because they are extraordinary in some way; don’t let little things prevent you from seeing how remarkable your peers are.
- GO SEE YOUR PEER ADVISERS!