I need someone to talk to. What are my options?
Talking to someone is one great way to organize your thoughts. If talking is what you need, consider connecting with a roommate, a suitemate, or hallmate. There is a community of advisers at Columbia to speak with about any feelings, issues, or concerns that may arise at Columbia. During operating hours (typically 9:00am to 5:00pm), administrative offices are open for conversations with students regarding academics, student life, internships and careers, studying abroad, financial aid, health and well-being and many other topics.
When offices are closed, there are still resources for support, depending on your need:
- Residential and Community Advisers (see your hall or building)
- CSA Peer Advisers (Current hours and locations)
- Nightline (212) 854-7777 Peer listening hotline 10:00 pm – 3:00am
- CPS walk-in hours in the Residence Halls (Current hours for Carman, Hartley, 600 West 113, East Campus, Broadway)
- Urgent health concerns (212) 854-9797
- CU-EMS An ambulance service (212) 854-5555 or 99 from any campus phone
- Rape Crisis/Anti-Violence Support Center (212) 854-HELP(4357)
- Public Safety Emergency: 4-5555 or (212) 854-2797