COLUMBIA 101 for First Year Students
COLUMBIA 101 is a program offered each year for incoming Columbia College and Columbia Engineering first-year and transfer students and their families. If you have questions about your eligibility to participate, please contact the COLUMBIA 101 planning team via email.
At these unique programs, students and their families:
- Collect practical information about course selection and degree requirements;
- Ask questions about life on campus, and get answers from current students and parents;
- Learn about campus life, academic advising, and support services;
- Build relationships with fellow students, alumni, and advisers;
- Meet other families and plan to stay connected over the summer months and beyond;
- Begin preparing for the move to campus; and
- Celebrate the newest class of Columbia Lions!
We encourage you to attend a session (see the schedule) prior to your arrival on campus this August. Note that COLUMBIA 101 is not an advising session but is a primer to what to expect at Columbia. Individual advising sessions will be offered to all incoming students at the beginning of the New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) in late August.