COLUMBIA 101 Parent Volunteer Interest Form
Every summer, Parent & Family Programs, the Center for Student Advising, and our partner offices across campus host COLUMBIA 101 sessions in New York City and in cities both near and far (perhaps you remember attending this program in the summer before your student came to Columbia). This important program provides students and families with important information about the transition to Columbia, our curriculum, and life on campus. COLUMBIA 101 is also a great community-building activity and helps to connect students and families with alumni, advisers, and each other.
Role During COLUMBIA 101: Panelist
Parent and Family Programs is looking for a small group of parent volunteers who are comfortable with public speaking to join our panel. Following an academic and student life presentation by the session emcee, panelists will answer questions from parents of accepted students and share knowledge of and excitement for all things Columbia!
If you interested in joining us for one of the sessions listed below, please complete the attached webform. You will be contacted by Parent and Family Programs to discuss your interest.
New York City Sessions
- Saturday, June 21, 2014, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 28, 2014, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday, June 29, 2014, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 01, 2014, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Domestic U.S. Sessions
- Washington, D.C. (Rockville, MD): Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Fort Lauderdale, FL: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Atlanta, GA: Saturday, June 14, 2014, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Boston, MA: Saturday, June 14, 2014 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Chicago, IL: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Houston, TX: Saturday, June 21, 2014, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- San Francisco CA: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- San Diego, CA: Saturday, June 28, 2014, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Los Angeles (Santa Monica), CA: Sunday, June 29, 2014, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.