Multicultural Affairs (OMA)
“…the diversity of our University community makes it possible for students, faculty, alumni, and neighbors to interact with—and thus be transformed by—the multiplicity of human perspectives,” writes President Bollinger.
We encourage all students to take advantage of the many opportunities that allow them to engage in and grow from the diversity that surrounds them at Columbia. Keep reading to explore our events, news, and upcoming opportunities!
Informed by the complex interplay between the cultural and structural, the personal and social, and the individual and institutional, the Office of Multicultural Affairs approaches its work recognizing that diversity, social change and equity must be addressed at multiple, interconnected levels. Learn more about our three-tiered approach that centers on collaborative internal and external partnerships.
Spring Semester 2014 Announcements
- Nominate a CC, SEAS, or GS senior to be honored with an OMA Graduation Cord by Friday, April 4
- Under1Roof student facilitator applications are available now. Apply by Friday, February 28th.
- Take advantage of the new Center for Psychological Counseling (CPS) Drop-in Hours at the IRC. Stop by any Thursday, between 5:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- OMA is now accepting applications for the Diversity Initiative Grant (DIG) for eligible student group events. Applications must be submitted at least two weeks before the event date.
- Apply to live in the Intercultural Resource Center (IRC) for the 2014-15 academic year by Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 5:00 p.m. EST