New Student Orientation 2014 Student Leadership
Thank you for your interest in the 2014 New Student Orientation Program (NSOP). NSOP 2014 will welcome over 2,400 new students and their families to Columbia and Barnard. The role of NSOP is to introduce students to each other and to all that the Columbia - Barnard community has to offer. But Orientation doesn't happen by itself - it's the product of the leadership and energy of over 300 Orientation Leaders, Crew Chiefs, and Committee members. The commitment and enthusiasm of NSOP staff is at the heart of the success. We are delighted that you are interested in playing a part in welcoming new students to Barnard and Columbia this fall.
We are now accepting applications for Crew Chiefs and Orientation Leaders
- Monday, March 10 - Applications available
- Friday, March 28 - Applications due at 9:00 a.m.
- Monday, March 31 - Applicants notified of interview time
- Wednesday, April 2 and Saturday, April 5 - Interview
For more information on the Crew Chief and Orientation Leader interview, please click here.
Important Dates for 2014 NSOP Crew Chiefs and Orientation Leaders
Please review the important dates and information for 2014 NSOP. Students must be available for ALL dates listed below to be considered for the positions.
- Must be available to attend the interview on Wednesday, April 2 or Saturday, April 5.
- Must be available for NSOP Study Break on Wednesday, May 7 from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Training begins the week of August 18, 2014. Exact training and move-in dates will be told to students once selected, so please do not make any travel arrangements until further notification.
- Be present for the duration of the 2014 NSOP (Sunday, August 24 - Monday, September 1)
NOTE: Only the first 325 Applications to be received will move on to the interview process.