Welcome to Columbia!
Columbia's New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) is your first opportunity to experience life at Columbia as a student! NSOP will help you to feel at home in Morningside Heights, become familiar with the academic and student involvement opportunities, learn about the campus traditions, understand how to access campus resources and support services, and meet the Columbia community!
NSOP is a required program for all new students. NSOP begins the important process of transition for new students and their families to the rigor, excitement and opportunities of campus life. It is one step in many that assists students into acclimating to life here at Columbia. Specifically the program aims to:
- Establish a welcoming environment that creates a sense of belonging and community
- Celebrate traditions that promote university spirit and pride
- Acclimate students to the academic and co-curricular programs and resources to insure student success
- Create a caring and celebrative community that embraces the multicultural facets of its members
- Introduce students to the richness of the City and the surrounding community
NSOP information varies between first year students, transfer students, visiting students, and 3-2 Combined Plan students. Please choose the links that are appropriate for you. Additionally, there is information available about our pre-orientation programs, COOP, CUE, and the International Student Orientation Program.
If you have questions about NSOP, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!
Contact the Orientation Program
505 Alfred Lerner Hall
New York, NY 10027
Call: (212) 854-4909
For program-specific inquiries:
International Student Orientation: firstname.lastname@example.org
COÖP Pre-orientation: email@example.com
CUE Pre-orientation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm