Columbia's New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) is your first opportunity to experience life at Columbia as a student! NSOP will help you to feel at home in Morningside Heights, become familiar with the academic and co-curricular opportunities, learn about campus traditions, understand how to access campus resources and support services, and meet the Columbia community!
NSOP is a required program for all new students. NSOP begins the important process of transition for new students and their families to the excitement, opportunities, and rigor of campus life. It is the first step of many that assists students into acclimating to life here at Columbia. Specifically the program aims to:
- Establish a welcoming environment that creates a sense of belonging and community
- Celebrate traditions that promote university spirit and pride
- Acclimate students to the academic and cocurricular programs and resources to insure student success
- Create a caring and celebrative community that embraces the multicultural facets of its members
- Introduce students to the richness of the City and the surrounding community
NSOP information varies between first-year students, transfer students, visiting students, and 3-2 combined plan students. Please follow the link that is appropriate for you. Additionally, there is information available about our pre-orientation programs, COOP, CUE, and the International Student Orientation Program.
If you have questions about NSOP, please contact us via email at email@example.com.