Undergraduate Student Life is comprised of Multicultural Affairs, Residential Life, and Student Engagement, three unique areas that work toward a common mission and shared goals. Together, we support students in a variety of unique and complementary ways. Our missions is to foster a vibrant and welcoming community through organizational advising, leadership development, advocacy, diversity education, community programming and civic engagement.
While each office is distinct, collectively we offer a variety of programs, services, resources, and leadership opportunities that:
- Promote an inclusive community that values mutual respect, appreciation and acceptance of various identities
- Encourage individual students and groups to act responsibly and accept accountability for their words, actions and behaviors
- Provide experiences for students to identify goals, discover passions, and enhance personal, interpersonal, and professional skills
- Create opportunities for students to develop connections with our campus, the Columbia community, alumni, New York City, and the global community
- Collaborate with students in creating, maintaining, and further enhancing community traditions
- Advocate for, support, and inform students of available resources to help empower them
- Encourage participation in activities that promote community standards and social responsibility
We look forward to working with students through our countless community events; leadership, cultural, and civic engagement programs and opportunities; and as supportive advisers to students and student organizations on campus. Read our welcome to incoming students to learn more about our programs and events and find out how Undergraduate Student Life is evolving to provide students with a top-notch Columbia experience outside of the classroom.